The Monkey socks for my Sockapalooza pal are done! Now I just need to wash and block them (ahem), as the cats and I have been wearing them for our little photo shoots.
They seem to match fairly well in size/shape (Woohoo! -- my gauge apparently stayed fairly consistent), and the color variations are similar.
Bug and Moana remain under the impression that these are really poorly fitting stocking caps for them. They have been trying to humor me, but it's getting difficult for them:
Moana: "Bug, you look like a total doofus!"
Bug: "Umm...hello?... I can't exactly see anything. Sheesh, primates!"
Bug: "Phew! I can see now... Yo, Moana -- you look like a doofus, too."
Moana: "My ears feel weird."
Iris G's Pencil Sketch is coming along nicely so far. I remeasured my gauge swatch and realized that my stitch gauge is still too loose, so I did some math to recalculate stitch counts, etc. My row gauge, on the other hand, is a bit too tight, so I'm going by length, rather than row counts.
Here's where I am:
I tried it on, and it seems to fit. The leafy lace inset is quite pretty, I think:
Here it is pinned out:
My stockinette fabric is a little wonky (due in part to the nature of the viscose/linen blend yarn), but not overwhelmingly so (at least for me):
(Click for bigger wonky stitches)
I'm definitely liking the yarn. It's a little bit rough while knitting, but after washing, the swatch was silky, soft, and drapey.
On my monitor, this photo captures the color better than the previous ones do:
Such a nice, mellow green...
Oh! I almost forgot -- the sightless elephant cats bid you adieu:
Bug: "Don't worry, Moana. The primates will get bored with this soon."