As promised, this is the first post dedicated to a pre-blog finished object.
CENTRAL PARK HOODIE (Knitscene , Fall 2006)
Cascade 220 #8013 "Walnut Heather" (220 yards per skein) almost 5 skeins
US 6 and 8 Denise circular needles
Finished February 2007
I really enjoyed making this sweater, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. There were a few overly exciting moments (like when I misread the pattern and muffed up the armhole and neck shaping of one of the front pieces and had to rip back a few inches), but overall it was a great experience. I made the 36" bust size, as I'd heard (from the KAL) that they were turning out rather snug.
Here are my (mostly inadvertant) modifications:
Sleeves -- I accidentally ommitted one decrease row in the first sleeve cap, so I duplicated this in the second sleeve cap for symmetry. Hood -- I picked up 1 extra stitch on each side of the neck, then k2tog the next row to achieve the desired number of stitches for the hood. Additionally, I forget to stop the cable pattern up the back when I began knitting the hood, but remembered after an extra inch or so. Button bands -- I ended up picking up fewer stitches along the front edges for the button bands (134 instead of 150), largely because my row gauge was considerably looser than the pattern's suggested gauge.
I really love the mirror image cables:
The very cool buttons (from Joann's) I used are clear resin with bits of dried flowers in them:
And, of course, here is a gratuitous cat photo: