at least I kind of hope it stays sweaterish weather a while longer, so I can wear my latest FO. The pattern was easy to follow (Thanks, Stefanie! -- although, of course, I got myself into trouble a few times by misreading it), and I really like the way it turned out.
Knitpicks Wool of the Andes "Arctic Pool Heather" (110 yds per ball) ~8.5 balls
US 5, 6, and 7 Denise circulars, US 5 and 7 DPNs
Modifications: I knit the pattern as written except for the following changes: (1) I wanted to make approx. a 34 inch bust. My gauge was a little off, so I ended up using the instructions for the smallest size; (2) I lengthened the ribbed portion of the lower border on the body and switched from a US 5 to a US 6 needle halfway through to give the effect of a hip increase; (3) I started the lower border on the sleeves just below the elbow and made the sleeves a tad longer; (4) I made 3 stitch bobbles instead of 5 stitch bobbles.
This was my first top-down raglan, and I quite liked it. As I was knitting, I was a little worried that my raglan increases were looking weird, but I think they turned out OK. Also, I ended up with a hole in each armpit (I have read that most patterns have you cast on a few stitches there when you start knitting the sleeves), but I sealed them up easily with some extra yarn. Even though I don't necessarily have anything against seaming, I enjoyed finishing the knitting, sewing on the buttons -- and being done! Being able to try the sweater on during the process was also invaluable.